Thursday, October 06, 2005

The year of the toe


Jarret Johnson is going to replace Anthony Weaver as defensive end while Weaver recovers from his busted toe. Dwan Edwards will also be splitting time. Combined the two have 4 career starts. I don't know if that is 100% accurate but I don't really care - that is the fun thing about this. I don't have to be right. I only have to write what ever I feel like. So there.

I also learned that until now Weaver has been a mark of consistency in the Raven's defense missing only one game in the last 4 seasons and I have been a big fan of his in that time. This does open the door for Johnson who I always thought was pretty impressive in the preseason games that I saw him play in. As for Edwards, I don't know a heck of a lot about him but then again who really cares. I am sure he will do just fine.

So if my calculations are correct and they usually are - that makes two big toe injuries in one season. One to the drunk asshole, in the picture to your left-- no that isn't me, I would never be caught dead in one of those hats - if you have an "Interceptaverde" jersey that would be a different story. The other big toe injury to the aforementioned Mr. Weaver.

So all of this begs the question: Where are you now Seargant Hulka?

I sincerely hope this rash of toe injuries isn't catching on like the rotator cuff did in baseball.

There is one more thing lingering in my mind like a terd in a swimming pool. What is wrong with Jamal Lewis? Is he not hitting the holes? Or are the holes not there? Chester Taylor looks fresher and I would not be surprised if they split snaps on Sunday in Detroit. Which brings up another question: What happens to your season if you lose to the Lions in a season where you are slated to contend for the Superbowl, thus dropping your record to 1-3 and all but eliminating any chance you have for making the playoffs?

For those who care, I will also be 30 tomorrow which may or may not come as surprise to many of you. Many of you might say I have reached the pinnacle of a great a career but I assure you all, there is plenty more where that came from - like Vanessa Williams, I am saving the best for last.

My hopeful prediction for this Sunday's game: Ravens 17 Lions 10

1 Comments:

Blogger St. Shanice said...

this blog rules

11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home